Digital readiness diagnostic
Are you ready?
There are four key disruptive influencesimpacting the FMCG value chain
The influence of Digital
New ways for consumers to engage with brands and products
New competitors & business models emerging
New sales channels to master
New capabilities and talent required
Disruption means the nimblest are winning not the biggest
Competitive importance of Digital
Easier coordination with 3rd parties, low-cost marketing, direct, real-time engagement with end consumers
- Purchasing power?
- value-chain leverage?
- investment capital?
Digital is no respecter of reputation
Businesses are investing heavily in getting digital right
Reaching a milestone from which to scale up
Source L'Oreal Conference presentation September 2015
Getting it wrong comes with heavy penalties
Unilever under the cosh after Goldman downgrade
- Dollar Shave Club
Founded in 2012
Market dominated by Gillette ranked 16th in Interbrand's global Top 100 brand study
...has seen its launch video viewed over 20 million times
...has c.2million members
...is valued at $615m (Source LA Times, July 2015)
2014 creates position of Chief Digital Officer
2015over 1,000 digital specialists
25% of media dedicated to digital
1Bn€e-commerce sales forecast for 2015 > 40% e-commerce sales growth
Aug 2015 Goldman Sachs issues negative report on Unilever
Negativity based on poor positioning with respect to digital challenges
Significant impact on share price
Would you like to know how ready are you to embrace the world of digital?
How ingrained is the digital mentality within the firm and what does this mean for decision making?
Knowledge & Understanding
What is the Digital IQ of the business?
To what extent does the company harness the power of digital through functional expertise?
Is there a clear, long-term digital strategy and how does this dovetail with the overall business strategy?
How do you compare to your peers?
We are inviting businesses to participate in a global benchmarking study into digital readiness
- New York
- Belo Horizonte
- Sao Paulo
- New Delhi
- Hong Kong
- High level assessment of business capabilities for digital strategy to succeed
- Benchmarking relative to industry
- 10 minute online survey
- Respondents drawn from across all levels and departments of your business
- Survey launched in Q1 2016
- Base data supplemented on an on-going basis throughout 2016
- Q1 2017 and onwards; annual benchmarking
Participating businesses will have access to a tailored portal where they can explore their results
Digital diagnostic output
- Understand your employees' view of your business, its performance, strategy and capabilities
- Understand their capabilities, knowledge and optimism about your business’s digital future
- Compare all of this to industry benchmarks
- Ready yourself to embrace digital opportunities